The monthly goals are coming back this year and I’m pretty excited about it.
Life is hectic right now with being a wife, being a mom, and being an employee. Plus all the other life things. Goals keep me grounded. They allow me to look back and remind myself that I did accomplish things. And those things make me happy.
I have a few rules for myself while making my goals:
1. They MUST BE attainable: no point in putting a goal down that I know won’t happen. That’s defeating.
2. They MUST BE joy giving: getting all the laundry done won’t make the list. They have to be things that create more joy in my life.
3. No more than 5 a month. And that’s only if I’m feeling really optimistic. I’m really hoping for 3-4 solid goals each month. That’s around 48 things accomplished at the end of the year. That’s a lot of things in my personal opinion.
So here they are… My January Goalz
1. Read 15 minutes before bed every weekday. Mike ordered me a kindle last week (yay!) and one of my 2017 year goals was to read more so this just seems right. Currently reading “Grace, Not Perfection” by Emily Ley. Only on chapter two, but so far so good.
2. Clean out white cabinet in living room. This is so overdue. I’m almost too embarrassed to show you a before photo… but accountability people.
3. Put away all Christmas gifts and decor. I have most of the Christmas decor moved downstairs but the big pile of gifts that need new homes is still camped out in the living room in front of the tv.
4. Create “coffee station” for Mike. Mike got a really cool coffee maker… espresso maker? Honestly no idea what it is, but it makes warm coffee type drinks and we don’t have the countertop space for it. I’m looking forward to a more functional space for his love of coffee this month.
And that’s it! 4 simple goals to start the year off right. Here’s to 2017 and maybe a little more balance!